Saturday, July 14, 2012

Flirty Thriving Thirty...


I cannot believe I turned 30 exactly 2 weeks ago on June 30... My husband decided to throw me a big 30th party so we agreed on fancy dress costume, no theme! It was so much fun, we had a laugh and everyone enjoyed themselves.

It was hard to think of what to go as so I fell in love with Poison Ivy worn by Kim K at Halloween in 2011. I got my outfit made and bought all the accessories, red wig and eye mask off eBay - life saver! The outfit turned out perfect, exactly what I wanted. I made my husband go as Batman...



I have to thank my husband for surprising me with my fabulous cake! I loved it
Cake made by Celebration Cakes

I received so many gifts from my family and friends, one of them that took me by surprise was from my dear close sister. She went all out and made a massive hamper, it contained 30 gifts for my 30th birthday.  My favourite is my name 'Amanda' necklace...


2. LOVE my Tiffany Mesh Bracelet -
From all my close school friends who I have known for almost 25 years!

3. Gorgeous Samantha Wills earrings - My first cousin knows me very well

4. Thank you to my best friend who gave me House of Harlow 1960 
Sunburst Necklace, Earrings and Ring set


So much jewellery received but my favourite gift right now which I am completely sucked into and YES you've guessed it, Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy!!

I have found the books are poorly written and words to be repetitive, but the story line has definitely made me fall in love with the two main characters Anastasia Steele and Christian Grey.


Obviously you have heard Fifty Shades of Grey - The Movie has been announced and bought by Universal Pictures a division of Universal Studios.  Produces appointed Michael De Luca and Dana Brunetti along side E L James.  I cannot wait to see how the movie turns out but best of luck with the casting yet to be decided.

I had to try and put a picture on both the characters faces in the book, Ana Steele described as brunette with blue eyes, aged 21 and Christian Grey described as copper hair with gray eyes, aged 27. So I am a big fan on Facebook and follow both Ana and Christian on Twitter fan pages, to my surprise these are their two profile pictures...

@AnaRSteele                                             @ChristianTGrey
Amanda xo

2 comments:

  1. Greetings!

    I was just wondering, where did you get your wig for the poison ivy costume? I love your webpage, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoops! I missed the part where you mentioned that you got it from ebay. :) Would you happen to know who the seller was, maybe they have more? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...